Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My CHENNAI - Nandri

One cannot begin to fathom the events that are unfolding in my city
The city that birthed me, is now crying out loud!
The worst that happened to my city since I can remember is the Tsunami
But, today it’s different!
I have not seen my city come to a standstill ever,
I have not seen my city folks come together,
But, today it’s different!
As the sky opened, so did many doors,
My city has faced heavy rains before, yes it has!
But, not everyone suffered.
Not everyone reached out,
But, today it’s different!
It’s no longer friends helping friends,
It’s strangers helping strangers,
It’s no longer I can’t give you a ride,
It’s let me know if I can drop you?
It’s no longer I have to keep my gates locked,
It’s my gate is open for anyone who want to stay,
It’s no longer, hey can I have your number?
It’s this is my number, call me if you need help?
Help is on the way, in the form of prayers
From those of us away from home
In the form of food and shelter,
To the folks who need them the most
It no longer matters which class we belong to
It doesn’t matter which religion we belong to
Today, we are humans!
Today, we relate to not just a few but with all.
So, this is for all the heroes out there
To every soul who is contributing in any way possible
Nandri, Nandri, Nandri!



We anticipated rains, but nothing of this sort. To be miles away from home and trying to decipher the extent of the situation is heart breaking. I pray for each and every soul in Chennai, our city will come out strong, Vazha vaikum nadu da, Tamil Nadu, it will not be moved, our spirits will not be dampened, we may be drowning but will rise above. Stay strong Chennai, we love y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment