Monday, February 6, 2012

Hands that Smiled


I was in school, I used to see him
He would hold out his hands and ask me
I wouldn't have no penny to give him
I'd swear so he would beleive me

I didn't know he was poor
Little did I know he was suffering
When people like me had houses to live in
I use to wonder where he'd be living

Years passed by and he was still there
I could see that he's been trying
To get a life, so he wouldn't dare
To lose the one that he's having

I walked up to him and gently smiled
He said " it's pretty, don't lose it"
Even today when I think of him
His presence I can feel it

When someone so poor loves himself
Why on earth are people dying?
Learn to live through the troubles instead
You will come out of it, still flying.

3 comments:

  1. Awaiting for your lovely and passionate writings my dear, Congrats! your words are simple but powerful, keep it up, Mami

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pleasant and thought provoking piece of creative work!
    I wish and welcome you as a poet of the people!!!
    jeyasankar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much jeya mama :) I will continue to write more such poems

      Delete